Breast Cancer Recurrence Risk Classification and Molecular Subtyping using HTG EdgeSeq Technology
The genomic tests on the market assessing the risk for patients with HR+/HER2- breast cancer to develop a distant relapse, have one main limitation: Different tests can lead to dis-concordant results for the same patient, which can lead to different treatment decisions.
Several studies have indeed identified the need to improve the prognostic performance of genomic assays assessing the risk of relapse* and we now have the answer and solution with the MPD assay developed by HTG.
The new MPD© assay is an innovative test, that was developed based on OncotypeDx© and Mammaprint© results, identifying HR+/HER2-early-stage breast cancer (BC) patients with high-risk of distant relapse and improving the performance for risk assessment. The MPD©assay utilizes the automated HTG EdgeSeq system with a high pass rate also on poor quality samples, requiring only one single 5μm-thin FFPE tissue biopsy section, coupled with the sensitivity and dynamic range of Next- Generation Sequencing-based detection, generating results in only 3 days.
Tue, Mar 8, 2022 1:30 PM - 2:30 PM CET
On March 8th, Dr. Jose Antonio Lopez-Guerrero, leading PI for the development of the MPD assay, will present the details about how the test was developed and how it can improve prognostic assessment while gaining additional information, such as the molecular subtype and expression status on immunology related genes as e.g. demonstrated in the PALOMA-2, PEARL and PENELOPE-B trials.
HTG Edseq Solution
Features and Benefits
- Simultaneous detection of 2560 genes associated with cancer tumor biology
- Extraction-free: reduce extraction-associated data bias and sample loss
- Reliable, reproducible performance from a single formalin-fixed, paraffin-embedded (FFPE) needle core biopsy slide
- Gain insights faster: results in as little as 36 hours
- Breast cancer recurrence-risk prediction score is provided by applying the MPD© solution on the host software
- Simplified data interpretation: PDF report with risk score and Excel format with raw numerical data output for HTG EdgeSeq REVEAL integration.
For further information, please contact:
+45 3124 8581