Detect and distinguish mutations associated with Omicron and other SARS-CoV-2 variants of concern
The latest SARS-CoV-2 variant of concern, Omicron (B.1.1.529), has sparked health concerns in several countries. BioNordika offers several detection solutions from our suppliers AusDiagnostics and New England Biolabs
AusDiagnostocs is prepared to assist you in the detection of SARS-CoV-2 including the identification of the Omicron variant. The SARS-CoV-2 Typing Panel (REF 80082) can detect and distinguish mutations associated with Omicron and other SARS-CoV-2 variants of concern, including Alpha, Beta, Gamma, and Delta.
The panel contains 23 assays, including the following SNPs present in Omicron:
- HV69-70 del
- P681H T
NEBNext ARTIC kits use a multiplexed amplicon-based whole-viral genome sequencing approach for sequencing SARS-CoV-2 using Oxford Nanopore Technologies® or Illumina® sequencing, and now include additional primer options for improved coverage with variants including Delta and Omicron.
Two options for primers are now available, in the NEBNext ARTIC SARS-CoV-2 FS Library Prep Kit (Illumina) (NEB #E7658), and NEBNext ARTIC SARS-CoV-2 Companion Kit (Oxford Nanopore Technologies) (NEB #E7660) and NEBNext ARTIC SARS-CoV-2 RT-PCR Module (NEB #E7626).
The two options for primers are the VarSkip (for Variant Skip) Short primers (VVS) primers and the V3 ARTIC primers. Sequencing data has determined that the omicron variant can be called confidently using NEBNext VarSkip Short (VSS) primers. Note that there are two dropouts (amplicons 56 and 67), and two amplicons (20 and 64) have lower coverage. Making 2 libraries, with both ARTIC V3 and VSS, will provide near complete genome coverage.
Information on primer overlaps with Omicron and Delta variants can be found here: https://primer-monitor.neb.com/lineages
More about the NEBNext ARTIC kits:
The NEBNext ARTIC kit options are compatible with Illumina and Oxford Nanopore Technologies sequencing platforms. The two kits compatible with Illumina sequencing generate library inserts of ~150 bp (NEB #E7658) or ~400 bp (NEB #E7650), for 2 x 75 or 2 x 250 sequencing, respectively.
- Two primer options included: VarSkip Short or ARTIC V3 (NEB #E7650 only contains ARTIC V3 primers)
- Express protocols available, with reduced cleanup steps
- Improved uniformity of SARS-CoV-2 genome coverage depth with balanced primer pools
- Streamlined, high-efficiency protocols
- Effective with a wide range of viral genome inputs (10-10,000 copies)
- Available for Illumina and Oxford Nanopore Technologies sequencing platforms
- Single RT conditions for all input amounts
- No requirement for amplicon normalization prior to library preparation (Illumina-compatible kits)
- Optional use control human primers provided
- Includes NEBNext Sample Purification Beads (SPRIselect®)
- Library adaptors and primers available separately
- Bulk formats (2,304 reactions) also available.
Please ask for further information, prices or if you would like to receive a test kit.
For more information, please contact our product specialists:
+45 3124 8581
New England Biolabs
Marianne Møller Brorson
+45 3140 0171